Susan B. Anthony always carried in her purse, a copy of the transcript from her 1873 trial in which she was found guilty for having voted “illegally” in the 1872 federal election. It was obviously something that was very special and meaningful to her. Recently, on our Sharon Barber Purses facebook page, we asked our fans what special things they carried in their purse and these are some of the answers we got. We received a good variety and of course others had no comment. Actual comments here, but names are omitted.
- We all need to carry a little reminder in our purse of what makes us great women. It might be your lipstick. Reminds us that no matter what comes at us …. put on your lipstick, get er done and look good doing it. It might be our debit card/checkbook …. we have the power to rule the dollar or it will rule us. Maybe it’s our pictures … reminds us of the things most precious to us. How about a mirror. It reminds us to check for the details, get things in order. Our keys and more importantly the key chain/fob we use. It’s very personal and describes our attitude about life. Is it a flower? A leather case. A large or small clasp. Large ones can indicate optimism of obtaining more or protecting our valuables and it holds what opens the door to our sanctuary, our refuge, our Home. I carry one of those little zip pouches with flat slipper shoes. The heels may give out before I do so I’m ready with backup. (kind of like life)
- A prayer card or two. One given to me by my grandma in law.
- My Darth Vader key chain, which is awesome.
- Secret cash.
- My credit card, of course!
- My sketchbook, you never know when the muse might visit!!!
- Retractable tape measure.
We would love to hear from you. What is something special and meaningful, or just something that you girls always carry in your purse? Contact us here.